International study is a popular and encouraged option in the School of Art. We have established exchange connections with many schools around the world, and up to one half of graduating seniors have studied abroad.
The School of Art also welcomes exhange students each semester. The array of experiences our students bring back and forth with them from all over the world enriches the school's creative process and our communal dialogue. College of Fine Arts summer programs, such as "Discovering the City", an interdisciplinary arts course in cities such as Rome and Barcelona provide other options for international experience.
Requirements & Schools
Art students of good academic standing are eligible to spend either a semester of their junior year, or a summer before or after their junior year, in one of many available international programs. These programs include exchange programs sponsored by the School of Art in which a student’s financial aid package remains in effect, and programs sponsored by other institutions.
International exchange partners currently include:
- Brazil - Escola de Comunicacoes e Artes, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo
- Chile - Instituto Superior de Arte y Communicacion, Santiago
- China - Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
- Denmark - The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen
- Ecuador - Universidad de San Francisco de Quito, Quito
- Finland - Kuvataideakademia, Helsinki
- France - Ecole d’Aix-en Provence, Aix-en Provence Ecole nationale superieure des Beaux-Arts, Paris
- Germany - Akademie der Bildenden Kunste, MunichUniversitat der Kunste Berlin, Berlin University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences,(Kunstseminar) Schwabisch Hall University of Applied Sciences, Wedel
- Ireland - Burren College of Art and Design, Burren
- Israel - Bezalel Academy, Jerusalem
- Japan - College of Art and Design, Nagoya Tokyo / Polytechnic University, Tokyo
- Korea - The Korean National University of the Arts, Seoul
- Netherlands - Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam
- New Zealand - Auckland Institute of Technology, Auckland
- Scotland - Duncan Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee Glasgow School of Fine Art, Glasgow
- Spain - Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Valencia
- Turkey - Bilkent University, Ankara
- Wales - University of Wales College, Newport