Monday, June 20, 2011
Advanced Building Designer
Ashley McGraw ArchitectsAshley McGraw Architects is a signatory to the 2030 Challenge and a leader in sustainable design for the institutional sector. The firm has a K-12 Studio, a College & University Studio, and an Advanced Building Studio. The Advanced Building Studio is engaged in the research of new strategies for creating a fully sustainable world, on the measurement of building resource impact via energy and daylight modeling, and the application of this expertise in Ashley McGraw’s projects. The studio is also developing a unique philosophy of sustainability focusing on the relationship of nature and technology, as documented on www.peterlarson.org.
We seek a progressive architect, with a sincere passion for architectural design and sustainability, to join our Advanced Building Studio.
The qualified candidate will
• Have a good working knowledge of architectural design and building systems.
• Be familiar with 3d modeling software. Ideally 3DS Max, Rhino or other NURBS modelers, and SketchUP.
• Be familiar with energy and daylight modeling software such as Ecotect, DesignBuilder, or eQuest.
• Be able to think analytically and apply what is learned from the software to the built environment.
• Have a bachelor’s or higher degree in Architecture.
• Have superior written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have an unwavering commitment to move sustainable design beyond the most advanced current thinking and practices.
Ashley McGraw Architects is a 50 person design firm located in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York. We offer a competitive compensation package. Syracuse and the region offer a family-friendly environment; affordable housing; excellent public schools and world-class universities; and easy travel distances to major metropolitan areas like New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Toronto. Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.