Friday, January 25, 2013
Transform The Frame Gallery
Deadline February 11th, 2013
The Frame at Carnegie Mellon is offering a grant of $300 to an individual or group of students to create an artwork that transforms the Frame space. This grant is not intended for a show that uses the gallery space in a traditional exhibition manner, but a unique, site-specific artwork that alters a visitor’s experience of the space.
- Open to students in ALL disciplines, and all media
- Deadline February 11th, 2013 -Student(s) will get Tuesday, April 19th- Friday, May 10th to install -Artwork will be on display in the gallery April 6th – May 3rd. The opening will be April 5th, from 7-10pm.
- Must provide detailed budget. All supplies will be purchased through the Frame gallery.
- Please provide 1-2 page statement about the work.
- How will this work transform the Frame?
- How is it informed by your past work?
- What media does it incorporate?
- How many students will be involved?
- What is the estimated installation time?
Please provide 4-10 images, sound clips, or video clips of past work or sketches that will inform the proposed artwork. If these files are too large to send in an email, please indicate so and drop them off on a disc to The Frame Gallery mailbox, CFA 300 (Art Office), 3rd floor.
*Frame Floor Plan [pdf]
**Please provide a detailed budget outlining exactly what supplies will be needed, and estimated costs.
Email The Frame Gallery with an questions or concerns.