Friday, March 2, 2012
Gensler Summer Internships
Beginning on or Around 01 JuneGensler is currently accepting applications for our 2012 Summer Intern Program.
This summer, Gensler will invite students to join our creative studio environment as we redefine what’s possible to create innovative solutions for our clients. This full-time 12-15 week paid internship program begins on or around June 1, 2012, and will expose participants to a wide range of design experiences within each of our integrated disciplines: architecture, interiors, graphic/industrial design, master planning and consulting. Interns can also gain experience in specific practice areas, including: Airports, Hospitality, Entertainment, or Education.
Internships will be hosted in each of Gensler’s US hub office locations, and will offer interns the opportunity to work on projects as an integrated member of our teams. In addition, our summer interns will attend weekly learning sessions, and may complete an individual study project, presenting their findings at the end of the program.
We are looking for outstanding students with the following qualifications:
- Candidates’ country of origin is a non-US country where Gensler has an office
- Currently enrolled in architecture, interior design, or related fields and are leaders in their school and community
- Students will complete their academic studies within two years (Could potentially join Gensler for two internship experiences prior to graduating)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and possess outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player
- Are proficient in Revit, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Possess 3-D computer modeling skills (Sketchup, 3-D Max, Rhino, etc.)
- Show an interest in sustainable design strategies
- Have proven skills in information and presentation design
- Have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Have strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills