Friday, April 13, 2012
AIA NJ 2012-2013 Grants Available
Friday, 16 JuneNew Jersey Society of Architects / AIA Scholarship Foundation Grant Annual Scholarships are given in the range of $2,000 - $5,000 / per student
By FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2012, AIA New Jersey Scholarship Foundation should receive the following listing of materials in order to consider the application(s) eligible for scholarship consideration and grant aid awarded in the following 2012-13 School Year.
- Completed AIA NJ Scholarship Application
- $5.00 Application Fee
- F.A.F.S.A. Form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Personal Statement Essay (listing goals, interests, awards or recognition)
- Official School Transcripts (Undergraduate & Graduate as applicable)
- Student Work Portfolio (8-1/2”x 11” or 11”x 17” format, copies acceptable)
- Optional: One to Two Letters of Reference. References may include academic professors, professional employers, or friends of the family.
AIA NEW JERSEY SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION, INC.
Attn: Ms. Christine Miseo, AIA
205 Mt. Pleasant Avenue
East Hanover, New Jersey 07936
Scholarship Grants are given annually in the estimated range from $2,000 to $5,000 per selected students. The award selection is based upon an applicants’ demonstration of a NJ connection, scholastic achievement, financial need, and architectural talent.
There is no limitation, save that of the total amount of funds available per year, to be awarded to students. There is no limit to the number of the recipients attending any single school who may apply, if they meet the eligibility requirements.
There are multiple scholarship students selected year. The actual amount of money available to any one recipient is determined by the Board of Trustees. Scholarships are not intended to cover a student’s total cost for any one semester or year, except in unusual situations. All information received is maintained in complete confidence. The names of scholarship recipients will be published in the AIA NJ Newsletter upon distribution of the awards.