Wednesday, January 12, 2011
The San Gemini Preservation Studies Program
Summer 2011 Field SchoolNow in its 12th year, dedicated to the preservation of cultural heritage and offers students the opportunity to study and travel in Italy. This year we have added a program on paper restoration.
· Introduction to Art and Building Restoration in Italy
· Surveying and Analyzing Historic Buildings
· Introduction to Conservation of Archeological Ceramics
· Introduction to Paper Restoration
· Traditional Painting Methods and Restoration Techniques
· Restoration Issues and Theory in Italy
· Restoration of the Porta Burgis
· Surveying the 12th Century San Giovanni Battista Church complex
· Surveying the Church of Santo Gemine
· Archaeological survey of the public baths in Carsulae
Find out more about our program and review the syllabi [Link]
Our courses are open to students from various disciplines, both undergraduate and graduate. All lessons are taught in English.