Friday, September 2, 2011
Internship Opportunity – Real Estate Development Internship
The Northside Leadership ConferenceThe Northside Leadership Conference is currently seeking a part-time Real Estate Development Intern to support our efforts to help manage and facilitate real estate projects in the neighborhoods of the Northside. The Intern(s) will be provided with direct supervision from experienced staff members in the Real Estate Department as they contribute their energy and skills to our mission.
The Northside Leadership Conference (NSLC) is a coalition of Northside community-based organizations, committed to addressing mutual concerns through a united approach in order to promote and enhance the vitality, quality of life and image of Pittsburgh’s Northside. NSLC serves 20% of the City and operates seven business lines, making NSLC the largest and most comprehensive CDC in Pittsburgh.
Key Projects and Assignments:
Participants will learn the basics of real estate development through:
- Compiling market research
- Tracking neighborhood development efforts
- Assisting with site assembly and acquisition of real estate
- Creating project budgets and cash flows
- Identifying potential project financing
- Attending site visits and project meetings
- Working with project liaison staff from neighborhood groups, banks, government, private developers, general contractors, architects, foundations and other professional service providers
- Assisting with marketing completed projects
- Managing project financial accounts
- Managing investment properties
- Supporting Director of Real Estate in operational fundraising activities
- Undertaking other tasks as directed by the Real Estate Department staff
Experience & Education
Students currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s level program related to Urban Planning, Economic Development, Architecture, Urban Studies, Public Policy, or Engineering are encouraged, but all interested students will be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable project management skills
• Highly analytical
• Research skills using the internet, secondary resources, and primary research (interviewing) techniques
• Ability to translate technical data for consumption by a variety of audiences
• Able to work in diverse community and neighborhood settings
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Able to be flexible with their schedule
Northside Leadership Conference [Link]
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jonathan Huck, Assistant Director of Real Estate.