MSIT First-Year Seminar
Course discipline: NA
In the MSIT first-year seminar, students select, investigate, discuss, and explore professional skills and emerging technologies and solutions in information and communication technology. Students are assigned weekly reading assignments and each week different students (or student groups) will prepare presentations and lead the discussions. Faculty and experts from local companies will also serve as guest lecturers on specific topics covering professional skills and technical areas of interest.
- Presentation skills
- Increased awareness of emerging ICT and applications
- Reading technical literature
- Develop a mature perspective on the role and potential of ICT, particularly in Africa
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Read and summarize technical literature
- Engage in substantive discussions and debates about the relevance and potential of technology innovations
- Prepare engaging presentations and lead discussions
Grades are determined by answers to questions on the readings, the quality of presentations and participation in discussion.