Continuing the Educational Experience
At Carnegie Mellon, we recognize the importance of lifelong learning. Our Open Learning Initiative offers free online courses and materials to the public. We also offer executive and professional education as well as a range of opportunities for distance learning.
Carnegie Bosch Institute. Offering mid- to senior-level managers the opportunity to hone their international management skills, The Carnegie Bosch Institute programs include short forums and a four-week long summer program.
Donald H. Jones Center for Entrepreneurship. The center offers undergraduate, graduate and entrepreneurial education programs as part of the Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business. Read about the staff and program.
H. John Heinz III College.
The Heinz College offers several degree and certificate programs for experienced professionals in the management of technology, information security, public/non-profit organizations, health systems, human resources and educational leadership.
- School of Information Systems and Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology: offers degrees in Information Technology Management or Information Security and Assurance, through part-time study by distance and/or evening classes.
- CIO Institute: comprised of intensive three-day courses delivered in Washington, D.C.
- Custom Executive Education: offers custom training programs to address your organization’s specific needs. Contact Ari Lightman, Director, CIO Institute, to create your program.
- School of Public Policy and Management
- Master of Medical Management: consistently ranked among the top graduate business programs for physician executives in the nation by Modern Healthcare magazine, and it is delivered through a hybrid distance/on-site format.
- Master of Public Management: designed to meet the needs of mid-career professionals who want to advance or change careers. Includes concentrations in a variety of sectors, including non-profit, health care, human resources, education and financial resource management.
School of Computer Science. Offering software engineering courses to executive and distance learners, Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science programs include certificate and graduate degree options, such as:
Software Engineering Institute. SEI courses and credentials give you the tools to create and maintain software, systems, and organizations that are efficient, secure, and reliable. The Software Engineering Institute Professional Development Center provides training, professional certificates, and certifications. Training is available at its Pittsburgh location, online and at sites worldwide.
Tepper School of Business. The Tepper School of Business offers professionals and executives opportunities for continued learning, including customizable options, through their Executive Education program.